Splash blocks allow you to have a background image that covers the entire block. These are great for breaking up the other content in your proposal and keeping your design looking beautiful.
When you're in Edit Mode there are a range of options for tweaking your splash image:
- You can have it set at Full Page / Half Page / Third Page
- You can tint it in either of your brand colors, or make it lighter or darker
- You can just have the image OR you can have text over the top of it – this text can have a white background OR can be layered on top of the image in white.
Tips for great splash images
However, if you would like to find more we have three tips:
- The Stocks is a great resource as it aggregates around a dozen excellent splash image websites. All are royalty free and ready to use.
- Google Image Search has a filter that allows for Royalty Free image search. This means you can sometimes find great photos of specific places / things for free.
- Take your own photos! Having photos of your project, previous work or your team is a great way to make it personal.
The best ratio for a Splash Image is 16 by 9. At Qwilr, we use images that are 1600 pixels wide and 900 pixels high, but you can use bigger or smaller images as you wish.
Splash images can only be up to 2mb in size. If you have an image that you would like to use you will need to reduce it before you can upload it to Qwilr.
You can reduce the file size of an image using free services like TinyPNG or reduce the image resolution (and therefore file size) using the Preview app on Mac – simply open Preview and select Tools > Adjust Size. On Windows, you can right-click the image and select 'Reduce Size'.