Setting Permissions for your account, pages, and blocks
Sometimes you want to give certain members of your team access to view or edit specific Qwilr Pages. Our Permissions tools help to make those refined decisions.
Note: The Permissions settings apply only to users with the Creator role. Account admins will always be able to view and edit all content.
In this article
Your account has two default settings: one for page access and one for inviting new users. Any admin on your account can update these settings.
Default page access
To access your default page-sharing setting, head to the top right corner of Qwilr. Click on your initials and choose View All Settings → Account.
The default options are:
- Pages are private by default - All new Qwilr Pages are visible only to the person who created them and any account admins. Any page owner can still choose to share their pages with other users.
- Pages can be viewed by everyone - All new Qwilr Pages are visible to all team members. All account admins can edit them by default. Any page owner can still choose to grant edit access to other non-admin users.
- Pages can be edited by everyone - All new pages are editable by all users in the account. Any page owner can still remove that access from other non-admin users.
Default invitation settings
You can either give Creator users access to invite others to your Qwilr account, or restrict that option to admin users.
To access your default invitation settings, head to the top right corner of Qwilr and click on your initials. Choose View All Settings → Account.
The default options are:
- Creators can invite any user - all non-admin users can invite anyone to your Qwilr account. Some of these invitations may result in a charge.
- Creators can only invite users who share the same email domain - non-admins would be restricted to inviting others with, for example, your company's email domain. Keep in mind that if a Creator uses a general email domain like Gmail.com, that would allow them to invite other users with that same domain.
- Creators can't invite other users - only admin users would be able to issue invitations.
Page-level permission settings
To share a Qwilr Page with a colleague, open the page for editing and head to the top right corner. Click on the Share With Team icon.
You'll see a menu drop down, where you can search for the Qwilr user you want to share this page with. You can also grant them view or edit access.
With the Can View option, they'll be able to view your page but they can't edit. With Can Edit enabled, they'll be able to make changes to your page. Click on the user's name to add them to the page.
Note: If you've chosen to not share a Qwilr Page with a colleague, they won't be able to see your page on their dashboard. It won't exist for them unless you share it. The only exception is if they're an admin. Admins can always view and edit all pages in the account.
What a user sees in View Only mode
When you've given a colleague View access they'll see this banner when they view your Qwilr Page.
Who has access to this page?
You can check on who has access to any page while you're editing it. Head to the top right corner and click the Share With Team. A list of users who currently have access will drop down. Next to each name you'll see the access they have: View or Edit. Keep in mind that admins can always edit all pages in your account.