How do I edit and format text?
If you want to edit text that you've added, you will need to select (i.e., highlight) the text that you want to edit and the edit bar will appear:
Going from left to right:
- Bold: you can also hit command/ctrl + 'b' also work.
- Italic: shortcuts like command/ctrl + 'i' also work.
- Heading 1: largest font size in your brand color (or conversely turns it back into normal 'body' text).
- Heading 2: middle font size in your complimentary color (or conversely turns it back into normal 'body' text).
- Pull out quote: makes that text a separate 'pull quote' style.
- Bulleted list: you can also enter '*' then hit 'space' and then 'enter'.
- Numbered list: you can also enter '1.' then hit 'space' and then 'enter'.
- Link: allows you to link that text to anywhere else on the web. If you'd like to add a mailto link add in mailto:email@example.com as the link.
Text Blocks are the most commonly used block type.
You are offered the full range of text options to begin with — but you can customise the block however you wish.
There is no limit (that we have found) to how long a text block can be.
To change the style of your block (e.g., adding background colour or centre your text), hit the 'Block Styles' button in the block options menu: