How do I format text?
This guide explains all of the Qwilr editor's text formatting tools.
To get started, highlight the text that you want to edit. A toolbar will appear above the text.
The toolbar can make lots of changes to formatting. Here are the options from left to right:
- H1: Changes your text to a main heading, the largest font size (Click this icon again to turn it back into body text.)
- H2: Changes your text to a subheading font size (Click this icon again to turn it back into body text.)
- Bold: Changes the text to bold, or click it again to remove the bolding. (Alternatively, you can use the key command Ctrl-B or Command-B.)
- Italic: Changes your text to italics, or click it again to remove the italics. (Alternatively, you can use the key command Ctrl-I or Command-I.)
- Strike: Changes your text to strike a line through the text
- Link: Allows you to link the highlighted text to another website, or add an email link.
- Bulleted list: Converts lines of text into a bulleted list. (You can also type a * at the start of any line to start a bulleted list.)
- Numbered list: Converts lines of text into a numbered list. (You can also type a 1. and a space to start a new numbered list.)
- Blockquote: Changes the text to a highlighted "pull quote."
- Styling: The "paint roller" icon opens a menu of options to change text colors, sizes, and alignments. Learn more about those here.
- Comments: Attaches an internal comment to the highlighted text.