Accessing and downloading the Audit Trail
The Audit Trail records all the milestones during your proposal process, from the moment you create your Qwilr Page to the time it's accepted, signed, backed up, and emailed.
We securely store all the audit details and organize them in a clean, beautiful timeline. When your client accepts a page, both you and they will receive an email with an Audit Trail PDF link.
Note: This feature is available on our Business or Enterprise plans.
What's in the Audit Trail?
The Audit Trail includes these details:
- Who created the project
- When the project was published
- The IP address and timestamp of the first visit to the page
- Contact details, including name, email, and the company of the acceptor
- The digital signatures, custom form results, or 'pay now' details (if payments are enabled)
- Links to stored backups of the project and audit trail data
- Record of the emails sent to all parties
How do I get the Audit Trail copy?
There are two ways to access your Audit Trail:
1. Email: When a page is accepted, Qwilr sends an email like the one below to the creator of the page and the client. This email includes a link that you (and your client) can use to download the Audit Trail. This email is included in all our subscription plans.
2. Your dashboard: If you're on our Business or Enterprise plans, you can also click on the title of any accepted page from the dashboard. That takes you to the Audit Trail page.
From there, you'll also be able to download a backup copy of the Audit Trail in either the PDF or JSON formats.
Note: Your Qwilr account reflects your local time. On the web-based Audit Trail page, you'll see the date and time your client accepted, converted to your local time. In the Audit Trail PDF, however, you'll see the date and time converted to UTC, or Coordinated Universal Time. This is because both you and your client will reference the PDF, and UTC offers a standardized point of reference for you both.