How do I create content?
In this article we'll go through the basics of creating a Qwilr Page.
To get started on a new Qwilr Page, you can click the Blank Page button if you want to start from scratch, or click the Templates button to start with one of our premade templates.
Qwilr Pages are made up of content sections called "Blocks." Different types of blocks do different jobs in your page.
To add a block, click the + button - you'll see these at the top and bottom of each block in your page. You can add a new block in any location where you see this symbol.
There are 6 block types:
- Text: for text, images and tables
- Splash: for beautiful background images and videos
- Video: for embedding videos from YouTube, Vimeo, Wistia, and Brightcove
- Embed: for adding embeddable content from around the web
- Quote: for price quotes, which can be interactive and contain packages
- Accept: for clients to accept proposals or agreements. Depending on your subscription plan, your clients can also sign and pay.
You can have as many (or as few) blocks as you would like in your Qwilr Page.
Every block has a Block Options menu, which lets you do all kinds of things. Look in the top left corner and click on the three dots to open the menu.
The Block Options you'll see in every block include:
- Move the block up or down
- Save the block to your saved blocks library
- Delete the block
- Change the block's styling
- Make the block foldable
- Add the block to your page navigation
Previewing Your Page
Generally speaking, what you see on your Qwilr Page while editing is the same thing your client will see when they look at the live page. You can preview your Qwilr Page any time by clicking the the Preview Page button at the top right of your page.